J'Adore VoxBox Review

After a lot of hemming and hawing over what to make my first true post about, my Influenster VoxBox showed up! Sounds like fate to me. If you don't know what Influenster is, you can head over here and check it out. Basically, it is a review program for you to critique your favorite (or not so favorite) products and then you get a score on how influential you are online. Eventually, if you get your score high enough, you can qualify for free boxes of items for you to review. I only signed up in January 2014 and this is my second free box I have qualified for- so I am ecstatic! Lets begin... 


All of the items featured below were sent to me free by Influenster for testing purposes.


What the box looked like - the theme of this box is J'Adore and has a Valentine's day swag. 


Here's what I got..

KISS Looks So Natural Lashes ($3.99)
"KISS Looks So Natural Lashes are made with Tapered End Technology so lash strips blend seamlessly with your own lashes, inconspicuously highlighting your eyes-they're so luxuriously light and comfortable, you'll forget you're wearing them!"

Honestly, I have never used false lashes and probably never will. I just do not have the need - my lashes are long and full on their own and a good mascara will always do the trick. I did take them out of the package though and noticed they seemed a little flimsy. Although, they are made to be light and flimsy so I guess that is a good thing for them.

Frizz Ease 3-Day Straight Flat Iron Spray ($9.99)
"Revolutionary heat-activated formula wraps each strand in long-lasting straightness for up to 3 days without weighing hair down. Formula, infused with Keratin, protects against heat damage and blocks frizz making hair glossy, smooth, and swinging with body"

This is something I can definitely get use of as I almost always straighten my hair. I haven't had the chance to fully use it but it smells great! 

Boots Botanics Shine Away Ionic Clay Mask ($9.39)
"Treat your skin to deep cleansing with this mineral-rich clay mask. Designed for use on normal skin, the unscented , hypo-allergenic formula absorbs excess oil and deeply cleanses skin. The oceanic clay exhibits a negative electrical charge, which helps to draw out impurities without overdrying your skin feeling softer and smoother."

My first instinct is that this is a product I will try once and then probably never use again. I am lucky enough to be blessed with pretty nice skin, I do not need to use much products daily to keep my skin acne-free and clean. But it's something I will give a go, even though the consistency of the mask is kind of funky to me.

HERSHEY'S Kisses Milk Chocolates ($5.29)
"The right words don't always come easily. And sometimes it's impossible to say what you really mean. But give someone HERSHEY'S KISSES chocolates and you'll instantly say it all."

Win! These are pretty self-explanatory but I am all about receiving them! They are definitely one of my favorite types of candy and incredibly addictive for me. When I was younger I used to eat 5 at a time- yikes! I opened the bag about 5 minutes after unveiling this box and taking pictures.

Red Rose Simply Indulgent Teas (about a $1.00 for 4 bags)
"Red Rose Simply Indulgent Teas deliver rich decadent flavors in a premium black tea blend. Enjoy this indulgence in a cup, with none of the calories and none of the guilt."

Also a win - I love tea and I actually had just ran out of the tea I had previously so receiving these was perfect timing. I got 3 Creme Caramel flavored bags (yum) and 1 lemon chiffon. The only one I will probably not be drinking is the lemon, I just really do not like lemon-flavored drinks.


Overall, this was a fun box to receive during the month of love and was a treat for a single girl like me. The total value of the box came out to $29.66. Not too shabby for a free service! If you're not already a member of Influenster, I definitely recommend checking it out. I do believe it is on a waitlist right now however.

What do you think? If you're already an Influenster, did you receive a VoxBox this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment